Nominations are open once again for the 19th annual WA Youth Awards.
The awards recognise Western Australians aged 12 to 25 for their achievements and contribution to the community, as well as individuals and organisations that work with and support the State’s young people.
The awards are a partnership between the Department of Communities and the Youth Affairs Council of Western Australia and are supported by Lotterywest.
Nominations are open for the following categories:
- the Minister for Youth’s Outstanding Youth Worker
- the Commissioner for Children and Young People Participate Award
- the ECU Community Leadership Award
- the Perth Theatre Trust Cultural Endeavors Award
- the Hope Community Services Active Participation Award
- the Mercy Care Organisational Achievement (Large)
- the RUAH Organisational Achievement (Small)
- the RAC Innovation for a Sustainable Future Award.
Each category winner receives a prize of $1,000. The WA Young Person of the Year will be selected from among the category winners and will receive a $10,000 travel bursary to participate in youth-related events and activities across WA, in addition to airfares for two people to a European destination, valued at $3,000.
Nominations close Thursday 31 August 2017. Winners will be announced during a presentation evening at the State Theatre Centre of Western Australia in October.
To nominate and for more information, visit www.yacwa.org.au