The Ministerial Youth Advisory Council (MYAC) was established in 2017 to provide advice to the Minister for Youth on matters relating to young people. MYAC is comprised of 12 young people, aged 25 years and under, who draw upon their relevant knowledge, experience and skills.
MYAC has provided input and advice on matters such as:
- violence in schools
- young carers and review of the Carers Recognition Act 2004
- the Western Australian Youth Health Policy 2018–2023
- the Law Reform Commission's review of Gender Reassignment Laws
- the review of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) exceptions
- Stronger Together: WA's Plan for Gender Equality
- the Residential Tenancies Act review 2019.
Further information about MYAC can be sought from:
Executive Officer – Ministerial Youth Advisory Council
Department of Communities
Locked Bag 5000
Fremantle WA 6959