This site was designed and developed by the Department of Communities (Communities) to provide access to information about the Department and its services.
This website has been designed to be as accessible to as many visitors as possible, which includes people:
- with disability, who may use assistive technologies like screen readers
- with slow internet connections or older technologies, i.e. computers
- with other devices, like tablets and mobile phones
- in remote and regional areas.
This site has full first level compliance with the guidelines for accessibility of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), along with second level compliance in some areas. All pages are compliant with Priority 1 guidelines based on W3C Web Accessibility standards.
The accessibility features on this site include:
- the ability to enlarge or reduce text size
- descriptions for images called "descriptive text" or "ALT text", that can be read by assistive technologies
- lightweight images and design to reduce load times.
You can request any documents on our website in the following formats:
- printed hard-copy
- a plain text file.
If you have questions or comments about this website, please visit the main Communities website to contact us.
For the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) telephone 13 14 50. If you have a speech or hearing impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service on free call 1800 555 677.